Monday, October 29, 2012

Hello there!
Now before I begin with the miracles of the mission, I just want to thank those who wrote me. Ashley Smith, Ian Vicino, Louis Wilson, David Paxman and Rebekah Layton you are so awesome! Thank you oh so much for the letters; they really bring me happiness! I will try my best to write back to you all as soon as I have time (as a missionary, time runs so fast!).
So last Thursday we had President Patrick Kearon who is part of the Europe Area Presidency addressed the whole mission. It was such a revelatory experience for me! He talked alot about how we need to be as missionaries of the Lord. He simply said that we need to be ourselves in the work; the Lord has called us to serve Him in our field of labor to be ourselves! The Spirit woke me up to realize that I do not need to be like my trainer or anyone else in the mission; I need to be Elder Taylor and that is all that the Lord needs of me. President Kearon also emphasized how we need to choose to be happy everyday. He stated that we need to say to ourselves, "I am going to be happy today!" It was just a great awakening to me! There have been some days where I was so angry at Elder Sutton and I would lose my temper with him. I found that I didn't choose that day to be happy. Now everyday I choose to be happy no matter what the circumstance may be; no one will ruin my day or let someone ruin my day. Last week I learned alot about myself and how I should carry myself as one who is an example to others by striving to be happy and become like my Savior Jesus Christ.
I testify that Jesus Christ lives and because He lives, I have a reason to smile. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is perfect in every way. I know that when we have trials to face we can look to the Savior for guidance and at the end of that trial comes the blessings He promises us. Thank you all for your prayers and your love for me; they truly make me happy and help me press on in the work of the Lord. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Much Love,
Elder Terrence M. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment