Monday, October 22, 2012

Hey there!
WOW! Such a great week here in Whitefield! First I went on my first exchange and it was very great! I've learned so much from that exchange alone. We talked to so many people and set up an appointment. The Elder I was on the exchange with was Elder Marjeanen from Finland. The next day (Saturday) we had a District Blitz which is where as a district, we were finding for 3 1/2 hours in a place called Bolton! It was so much fun! We set up so many appointments and talked to some great people and of course not so great of people. Before the Blitz while on the bus, I talked to this lady named Ann. She is a caregiver and a fellow Christian. I started a conversation with her and at the end of the convo, I asked if she wanted to read from the Book of Mormon that I had in my hand. She rejected it when I did. Then we talked a little bit and when the bus got to the bus station she asked, "Could I take a look at that book?". I could not believe it; she wanted to read from the Book of Mormon. Of course I gave her the copy I had in my hand and I bore testimony of its truthfulness.
We then got back to Whitefield that evening and we went back to work. We were talking to everyone we saw and then we ran into a man named Paul. He lived around us and he told us about his family and his struggles. We taught him a little about the Plan of Salvation. He then asked us if we could pray for his family and so we did right on the spot. We then continue to walk and we met a man named Aaron. Aaron came in contact with sister missionaries a year ago in Manchester. He then told us that he knew that we would stop and talk to him. We set up an appointment to meet with him on Tuesday. All of a sudden we see a car park in a lot and then a man comes out... IT WAS PAUL. Paul then asked us to pray for him. Me and Elder Sutton asked him if we could give him a blessing. We did and the Spirit was so strong so much that Paul was tearing up and we started to tear up. He gave us a hug and kept moving on. Last Saturday was TRULY and Day of Miracles!
I testify of the Divinity of the Savior. I know that He lives and because He lives, I feel at peace. I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Much Love,
Elder Terrence M. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment