Monday, October 7, 2013

Hey Everyone!

WHOOOOOOAAAA!!!!!! Conference was amazing! I've truly enjoyed listening to all of the speakers! I truly feel energized for the next 6 months! Also transfers are next week so I will keep you posted if I stay or not.

I would have to say that my favorite talks would have to be by Elder Edward Dube of the Seventy who spoke about pressing forward in the Lord's work and Elder Richard G. Scott about the Atonement! Elder Dube's short story about when he was a boy working in the field with his mother and he marvelled at the work that they have done. He then exclaimed to his mother, "Look what we have done (3 times)?" His mother then reminded him to look at what they have left to do still. I truly thought about how that short story applied to me as a missionary. I sometimes fall into the trap of saying "Look at all the things that I've done so far!" and then the Lord would say, "Don't look back at what you done, focus on the tasks that you still need to do!" What a great talk! Elder Scott's talk about the Atonement was SO GOOD! It is so comforting to know that through the Saviour's Atonement, I can be protected from my weaknesses and become more fortified as a son of God! I LOVE CONFERENCE!

I know that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the LIVING GOD! I know that He has a prophet on the earth today: President Thomas S. Monson! I know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can truly give us that peace in our lives! I know that the Saviour's invitation "Come unto me" will ALWAYS be there for ALL of God's children (EXCLAMATION POINT) In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment