Monday, October 21, 2013

Terrence's blog

Hey Everyone!

So just to let you all know, I am still in Birkenhead for another transfer and I will be here till November 27th. So if you would like to send me a letter you can use the mission office or this address:

Elder Terrence Taylor
Flat #10 Queen's Court
65-67 Shrewsbury Road
Oxton, Wirral
Cheshire CH43 6TE
England, U.K.

So these past two weeks have been pretty rough for me with a cold, changes in the Zone and just striving to do my best. I have to be honest; missionary work is difficult. It taxes one's energy, it strains one's capacity and it demands one's best effort. There are times where I do want to give up. But something that keeps me going is my scripture studies, my prayers (and the prayers of those who pray for me in my behalf), my family and friends (especially those on missions as well), my mission president and the MOST IMPORTANT people: My Heavenly Father and My Saviour Jesus Christ. These are things that sustain me and keep me going! I have been reading in Matthew 26 about the last few days of the Saviour's life. Before His suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, I read how He was already feeling very sorrowful. It has come to me that the Saviour, right at that moment, has felt the sorrow that I have and will feel in this life. It gives me so much comfort to know that the someone has done that for me. I also love reading in Alma 7 where it explains why he went through those things for us: "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind... that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people...," (Alma 7:11-12). :)

I just want to thank you all for your prayers in my behalf, your love and your friendship. I love you all dearly and count you all as huge blessings in my life. Trust in God and wait for His timing in all things. These thoughts I leave with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

With Love,

Elder Terrence M. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment