Monday, September 10, 2012

Hey there Family and Friends!

Well I've been on the Isle of Man for 2 weeks now and I am getting use to its weather and the people. It has been very cold as of late and rains 3 times out of the week (different than Arizona lol). The people in the ward that I serve are just some of the best people you want to know and have solid testimonies. Like one family the Sayle's are just so amazing and just wonderful people all around. They joined the Church a year ago and before I got out here were sealed for time and for all eternity in the Preston England Temple. There is Bro. and Sis. Sayle, their children Hannah, Jenna and Tim and their dog (I will take a picture with them when I see them and have it posted on the blog). They are just the sweetest family ever and just so giving. Another member is Brother Brian Head. He is a convert of 2 years and just so solid! He is the 1st counselor in the Elders' Quroum and really helps us out when we go out teaching.


Me and Elder Sutton have been teaching a young man named Rong Xin Zhou from mainland China but going to college out here. We set up a baptismal date for the 22nd of September and he...ACCEPTED!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!! He came to church and is now dated! FIRST BAPTISM MY FIRST TRANSFER! We will still be meeting up with him to get him ready for Baptism. He is a very solid investigator and will be such a great church member. His English isn't that bad and he understands what we have been teaching him and is willing to change his ways and follow the Savior. Oh how great is my joy to be the Lord's authorized servant and be amongst His children. I will keep you all posted on Rong's progress next blog entry.


Now with the election heating up and so much change in the world, my scripture study in the Book of Mormon has been great! I've been reading/studying the War Chapters in the last part of Alma and the first few chapters in Helamen and I can see the world how it is today in these chapters. I suggest if you have time read those chapters; they are pretty powerful scriptures. I testify that God lives and that Jesus is the Christ. As we follow the example of Jesus Christ, we will always be on the strait and narrow path back to His presence. Missionary service is the BEST service you can ever do in your life. As the Lord's missionary I have seen miracles happened to me and those I come in contact with. Pray constantly and fervently so that the Lord can bless you in your temporal and spiritual life. May the Lord bless you all and keep you. This Church is the true Church of Jesus Christ and He is the chief cornerstone. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!


I love you all very much. I thank you for your prayers and the prayers for all the Lord's missionaries. Also I love receiving letters from you all. It would make me very happy to receive one from you all. I promise I will write as soon as I can.


With Love,


Elder Terrence M. Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment