Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hey Family and Friends!

Well I am officially in the mission field! My first area of labor is..... The Isle of Man!
I couldn't believe that I was assigned to this area! We are the only missionaries on this Island and we are ready to work. My missionary trainer is Elder Sutton from Utah. He is a great young man who has been serving for about 8 months. He has already taught me so much on how to become an effective missionary of the Lord. We just got here and we are ready to go to work.


Leaving the MTC is very hard to do when you get so close to the people you are learning with, the teachers and the MTC Presidency and staff. I will always remember those whom I served with there and the people who taught us so much on how to become trusting servants of the Lord. We left the MTC at 5:15 am to head to the mission home. Before we went there, we dropped off our luggage at the Stake Center in Manchester. When we got to the mission home we were greeted by our mission president President Preston and his wife Sister Preston. The Preston's are so awesome and so warm and loving. We then did some training and ate breakfast and lunch. We were interviewed by President Preston; even though he just met me, I feel that he cares for me and he cares for every missionary in the mission. After that we went back to the Stake Center where we were greeted by missionaries that were near by and our trainers. We met all the trainers then we sat on the stand so that everyone could see us. President then assigned us to our trainers. Me and Elder Sutton had to crash in with the Zone Leaders that night due to the fact that our ferry wasn't ready until the following morning.


We then went and did some street contacting and door knocking around Liverpool. We saw some real miracles happen that day and some downs but we were successful none the less. We woke up at 6:30 am, got ready, did some scripture study and got ready to leave for the Ferry to the Isle of Man.


We then were picked up by Brother Holden who is on the Bishopric of the Douglas Ward here on the Isle. The Isle is SO BEAUTIFUL and just so green.
I know that this work is true and that our Father in Heaven loves each and everyone of His children. I am grateful to be here to serve with the people here on this Isle and I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Oh how I love my Savior and Redeemer. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!


Much Love,


Elder Terrence M. Taylor :)


No comments:

Post a Comment